Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7, 2011

Chest and Tri workout yesterday has left me sore and stiff.  Nice being back to the gym after a much needed break from physical exertion.  I have run twice since the marathon, once on November 28th and then again on December 3rd, even though I swore to the Gods that I would take a month off.  I have been going to the gym to sit in the whirlpool and steam room; however, the whirlpool has been closed due to an unspecified maintenance issue for a week or so. (I have never belonged to a gym that had so many maintenance issues with the steam room and whirlpool!)  Time away from the strict discipline of training has been refreshing...and hard, but totally necessary.  I have yet to swim, but plan on incorporating it into the next training cycle, which begins on December 26, 2011.  In the meantime, the runs, when I decide to hit the pavement, will be cold...currently 23 degrees Fahrenheit (-5 Celsius).

No comments: