Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Dawn Patrol. Absolutely perfect running conditions to inaugurate the week: temps in the mid-40s with calm winds out of the South. Long-sleeves and shorts. Currently in the second day of a controlled fast/juice detox, so I shortened the route a bit this morning. I've never attempted to subsist on lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup before, and can't say that it's been enjoyable to date. Finished the 4.94 mile campus loop in a slow 52:00 for a 10:32 min/mile pace. I attribute the slow pace to not eating. Anything. For two days. Bowel-related issues caused near panic and intense fear. No need to go into detail. Suffice to say that I survived a very traumatic experience. On a brighter note, I enjoyed the Smashing Pumpkins this morning. Seemed fitting. Mahalo.

No comments: