Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thursday

After this maintenance run, I felt that taking a couple of extra days to rest my right foot was the best call.  These last two weeks of training, while definitely a huge downer, definitely put the process of marathon training in a clear, realistic perspective: it is brutally difficult on one's body.  I have been running since 1998 and know this well.  My goal is to power through this nagging injury, because I have done it before, but most importantly I am a stubborn jackass who really wants to run this marathon.  A reasonable person would probably go to the doctor and be told to lay off for a month to six weeks, which is what I should do, but...

Time: 49:28
Distance: 5.39 miles
9:11 avg. min/mile
822 cal.
Temp: 62 degrees Fahrenheit

Week Eleven Summary:
16 miles (297 for training period)
3 runs and 0 gym days
Weight: 196 lbs. 

No comments: