Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013

Another mea culpa: I blew of my scheduled eight-miler on Saturday morning due to the copious amounts of Irish Whiskey that I consumed on Friday evening.  While not a regular occurrence (blowing off the run), these things do happen from time to time.  I am actually quite adept at running after a night of libations; however, motivation was lacking in this case.  Sunday was a wash, as well.  Which brings us to this morning's chilly 10k (6.33 miles, to be exact.)  The weather was a balmy 36 degrees with a slight breeze.  Shorts and long-sleeves, gloves and a cap.  I was awarded another generous spot on the first mile thanks to a GPS glitch.  Overall pace was a bit fast at 9:01 min/mile.  With the first mile a definite outlier, my times are most likely closer to 9:30 min/mile.  Spandex Revolution Mix to get me through.  80s rock with an unapologetic emphasis on the British 3rd wave.  This week's schedule looks rather promising: three runs and two gym days for weights.  Higdon's madness is but a week away.   Will get a schedule together and posted later in the week.  Developing.

No comments: