Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 1, 2014

Dawn Patrol.  Left calf seized early on, so I did the prudent thing and finished ten miles instead of the planned twelve. (Sarcasm is so hard on this damn thing.) Anyhow, it was a cold and windy start to the day and there was no way I was going to bag this run. Temps in the mid- 20s with a windchill of 18 degrees Fahrenheit.  Cold Front Blues Revisited.  Finished 10.03 in 1:48:22 for an average pace of 10:48 min/mile.  Left calf was sore after Friday's five miler, but I did not think it rose to the level of being concerned.  I was mistaken.  Finished with a pronounced limp. Hobbled. RHCP mix on the box. Sunday off to recuperate.  Five planned for Monday, assuming that I can ambulate.

Week Six:
20.10 miles (112.51 miles for the training period)
3 runs + 2 gym days
197.6 lbs.

No comments: