Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015

Dawn Patrol. Another brutal, frozen, miserable morning for running. Out the door in spite of it all. Frozen North wind sweeping down the plains from the Arctic Circle. Temps in the low 20s (-6 Celsius) with a wind chill of 5 degrees (-15 Celsius). Layered up: three dri-fit long-sleeve tops, two pairs of tights, winter-rated gloves, full face mask and a running jacket rated for 0 degrees. With the wind at my back, I actually felt hot on the Southern leg of the trip; however, once I turned back North three-miles from home I felt like weeping.  Nothing like a 20 mph Arctic-flavored wind kicking your ass for thirty minutes. At times it felt as though I was standing still. Completed the 6.04 miles in 59:04 for a frozen 9:47 min/mile pace. The Vapors on the box. "Youth is wasted on the young." Oscar Wilde. Mahalo.

No comments: