Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015

Dawn Patrol. Back in the proverbial game after almost an entire month of sitting on the sidelines: traversing Honduras, eating plato tipico like a fiend and hitting the booze like it was my damn job. I feel like a bloated toad. I'm ten pounds heavier than when I left mid-July. This is nothing new. I spend the majority of the month of July in the tropics for sanity reasons and inevitably gain a few pounds in the process. I did, however, get a grand total of three treadmill runs in the book while in Tegucigalpa, and then abruptly lost interest. Back in the Land of Silicone and Smart Bombs, I hit the road this morning to begin yet again. Awoke to the hot and humid reality of Oklahoma in August. Completed the 5.20 mile campus loop in a leisurely 54:39 for a sub-sonic 10:31 min/mile pace. If history serves as a reliable guide (and for those of you scoring at home, it usually does) it will take a month for this gringo to get his legs back. Mahalo.

No comments: