Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8, 2014

Dawn Patrol.  Early Saturday AM long run.  Weather was frigid with a brutal North wind and intermittent sprinkles for S and Gs.  Right foot soreness at the onset, probably due to the blistering pace of yesterday's five-mile maintenance run.  Sarcasm is very hard on this thing. Anyhow, today's run was pretty uneventful until the eleventh mile.  With Rage Against the Machine blasting through the headphones, I took my eye off the ball for a brief moment.  A sprinkler head on the edge of the sidewalk took advantage of my lapse and attacked.  I hit the grass, luckily.  Unbelievable. Other than a banged-up left knee and a right flank issue, I think I'll be OK.  Finished the 11.08 miles in 1:51:42 for a 10:05 min/mile pace.  Sunday off to rest and recuperate my sore body.  5-6-5-14 planned for next week.  Two workouts at the gym, as well. Cheers. Aloha.

Week Eleven:
21.19 miles (188.53 for the training period)
3 runs + 1 gym day
198.0 lbs.

No comments: