Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 28, 2013

A beautiful start to Thanksgiving Day.  Test drove a bottle of Pinot last night, so I was just happy to get up at 530 AM relatively clear-headed.  Hit the trail a bit later than usual, per holiday custom.  Out the door at 640 AM for a cold 7.5 mile run.  Temp at 30 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill making it feel like 23 degrees.  The wind, although out of the South, was as unpleasant as ever.  Layered to the hilt, I also donned ear buds for the first time in months. Went with the tried and true Generation X Trail Mix to get me through.  Pace started slow, but I managed to finish with a decent 9:37 min/mile average.  I had to purposely slow down at times.  Stride, cadence, pace and posture all came in to focus this morning.  Good times, albeit a bit frosty at the onset.  Chest and Tri yesterday morning, while Friday will be devoted to a solid Back and Bi workout.  Whirlpool and steam as a reward.  Cheers.

No comments: