Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week Eight: Saturday

Left the house a bit later than I had intended; however, it made absolutely no difference in the scheme of things.  Beautiful morning with the temperature at 61 degrees, a slight breeze and low humidity: optimum conditions to undertake a 16-miler.  Stashed the carbs at mile-8, refueled and headed around for the second act.  Overall, I have no complaints.  It was a solid run.  I felt strong from beginning to end--actually ran a bit faster than I intended, though.  The endorphins kicked in around mile 12 and I really started to have a good time.  Giddier than usual. More importantly, my legs feel good now--10 hours after the fact.

Time: 2:39:28
Distance: 16.40
9:43 avg. min/mile
Temp: 61 degrees Fahrenheit

Total miles (week): 39
Total miles (training) : 244
Weight: 187 lbs. (no change for three consecutive weeks)

No comments: