Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week Four: Saturday

Today was week four's long run, which, in addition, is the training cycle's longest run to date. Hit the pavement at 515--I will shoot for 445 to 500 am on future long runs. Pace was nice and slow, and the route I mapped out wasn't boring or redundant. Wore a pair of ancient Brooks running shorts that, for whatever reason, caused my inner thighs to chaff. (Although "chaff" in no way conveys the overwhelming discomfort I felt starting around mile 8.) Unbelievable agony. Bloodstained legs. Cursing the Goddess of Running Shorts. Safe to say I will not be running in them anymore. Sunday is an off day. Week five begins on Monday! Looking at a 6-7-6-14 week of fun...

Time: 2:15:25
Distance: 13.01
10:25 avg. min/mile
Temp: 78 degrees Fahrenheit

Total miles (week): 31
Total miles (training) : 112

Weight: Weight info. unavailable, as one of the children (or both) broke the scale!

No comments: